Let’s be honest. Taking any standardized test is a nerve-racking experience even for the most prepared student. For students who are unaware of what to expect during examination day, lack guidance and support in school, or are new immigrants to Ontario, passing the OSSLT (Ontario Secondary School Literacy Test) or EQAO (Education Quality Accountability Office) test can be a terrifying obligation.
Our tutors will give your child detailed step-by-step instructions on how to improve their reading and writing skills. By doing the practice questions and mock tests prepared by our tutors, your child will build the confidence they need to complete every question on the test. You can also depend on us to give your child the support and encouragement they need to conquer their anxieties and boost their attitude.
Your child will learn how to:
- examine various reading materials, including information paragraphs, news reports, dialogue, real-life narrative, and graphic texts
- write in diverse styles, including news reports, series of paragraphs, and one-paragraph responses
- answer multiple choice questions with confidence
- develop a main idea or argument that is supported by sufficient facts
- organize information and ideas in a coherent way
- identify explicit (direct) and implicit (indirect) ideas and information from their readings
- connect the ideas and information from their readings to personal knowledge and experience
- prioritize their tasks and manage their time during examination day, so they complete the test on time
Learn more about our other services: